Ingredients (serves 4)
1 Clove of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 Onions (peeled and chopped)
1½ Sticks of Celery (chopped)
2 Carrots (peeled and chopped)
2 Red Peppers (de-seeded and sliced)
1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes or
¾ Teasp Chilli Powder
½ Tablsp Tomato Puree
1 x 400g Tin of Kidney Beans (drained)
200g Long Grain Rice (boiled)
- Cover the lentils with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the beans and rice, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, serve with rice.
- A can of baked beans may be substituted for the kidney beans
A 390.56g serving contains:
- Energy 1772kJ 419kcal 21%
- Fat 3.2g Low 5%
- Saturates 0.6gLow 3%
- Sugar 14gLow 16%
- Salt 0.80gLow 13%
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 454kJ/107kcal