50g Castor Sugar
35g Sunflower Margarine
90ml Semi Skimmed Milk
70g Plain Flour
½ Teasp Baking Powder
3 Cooking Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
½ Tablsp Lemon Juice
1 x 200g Pot of Half Fat Crème Fraiche
Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
1. Keep aside 1 tablsp of sugar.
2. Put remaining sugar in a bowl with the egg and whisk until thick and creamy.
3. Heat the margarine and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Pour into the egg and sugar mixture, whisking continuously.
5. Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into egg mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin.
7. Arrange prepared apples on top of sponge mixture, leaving no gaps, sprinkle with lemon juice and then the reserved sugar.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
9. Serve with crème fraiche.
A 117.91g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.