6 Slices of Wholemeal Bread
1 Tablsp Sunflower Margarine
100g Mixed Dried Fruit
1 Teasp Mixed Spice or Cinnamon
500ml Semi Skimmed Milk
1 x 200g Greek Yogurt
Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
1. Spread the bread with margarine and then cut into triangles or halves.
2. Place a layer of bread, margarine side down, in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with half the dried fruit. Add a pinch of mixed spice.
3. Add another layer of bread, margarine side up, sprinkle with the rest of the fruit and another pinch of mixed spice. Add another layer of bread, margarine side up.
4. Whisk the eggs into the milk and pour over the bread. Leave for 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with spice then bake for 35 –40 minutes until set.
6. Serve hot with yogurt.
A 189.83g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.