1 Cauliflower (broken into florets)
1 Head of Broccoli (cut into florets)
300ml Boiling Water
1 Onion (peeled and sliced)
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
4 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
100g Vegetarian or Mature Cheddar (grated)
2 Cloves of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
½ Lettuce (washed and shredded)
16 Cherry Tomatoes (washed and halved)
½ Cucumber (washed and halved)
2 Baking Potatoes (washed, baked and halved)
Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
1. Cook cauliflower and broccoli in water until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the vegetable mix and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Drain water from vegetables, reserving the liquid in a jug.
4. Place vegetables in an ovenproof dish.
5. Mix stock cubes with 300ml of the reserved vegetable liquid, pour over the vegetables.
6. Mix breadcrumbs and cheese together. Sprinkle over the vegetables.
7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese topping has browned.
8. Serve with prepared salad and baked potato.
A 670.5g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.
Typical Values per 100g: 225kJ/54kcal