200g Sunflower Margarine
225g Castor Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
200g Wholemeal Flour
1 Teasp Baking Powder
1 Teasp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Teasp Ground Cinnamon
3 Carrots (peeled and grated)
100g Low Fat Cream Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 220C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
1. Mix the margarine and sugar together.
2. Gradually add the eggs, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
3. Stir in the grated carrots.
4. Lightly grease and line a roasting tin with greaseproof paper, and pour the mixture into it.
5. Bake in oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
6. Test to see if the cake is ready by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean the cake is ready. If it comes out sticky, more baking time is required.
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
8. Spread cream cheese over the cooled cake and cut into squares.
A 44.95g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.