80g Wholemeal Flour / Plain Flour (mixed)
1 Pinch of Mustard Powder
40g Sunflower Margarine
40g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 Egg (beaten)
Pre-heat Oven to 350F / 180C / Gas Mark 4
1. Sift flour and mustard together, adding any bran remaining in the sieve.
2. Rub the margarine into the flour mix. Until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, stir in cheese.
3. Add half the beaten egg to form a soft dough.
4. Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead until smooth.
5. Roll out to a rectangle 7½ x 30½ cm, cut into 1-cm strips.
6. Carefully twist each strip and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Brush with remaining egg.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
9. Cool on a wire rack
A 10.75g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.