Chicken Chow Mein
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 Teasp Sunflower Oil
- 1 x 80g Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 1 Medium Onion or 2 Spring Onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Pepper (de-seeded and sliced)
- 6 Mushrooms (washed and sliced)
- 100g Pak Choi or Green Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1” Fresh Root Ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 75g Egg Noodles (cooked)
- 1 Teasp Soy Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Stir fry chicken, onion and garlic till golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the vegetables, continue to stir.
- Add the egg noodles to the chicken and vegetables, add soy sauce to taste and serve.
- Try different vegetables e.g. baby corn, sugar-snap peas, beansprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots etc.
- Chow Mein can be made with different meats e.g. turkey, pork etc.
A 582g serving contains:
- Energy 2352kJ 558kcal 28%
- Fat 14g Low 19%
- Saturates 2.8gLow 14%
- Sugar 18gLow 19%
- Salt 1.5gLow 24%
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 404kJ/96kcal