1 Chicken Quarter or 2 Chicken Thighs
1 Bay Leaf (optional)
1 Litre Boiling Water with 1 Chicken Stock Cube
20g Sunflower Margarine
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
20g Plain Flour
200ml Semi Skimmed or Skimmed Milk
1 Dessertsp Lemon Juice
Pinch of Black Pepper
Parsley to garnish
1. Place the chicken, bay leaf and stock in a pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the liquid through a sieve, capturing the stock in a jug or bowl.
2. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently.
3. Stir in the flour, gradually add the stock and the milk, cook gently for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken pieces and discard.
5. Chop the chicken meat and add to the soup.
6. Flavour with lemon juice and season with black pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and serve.
A 371.38g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.