Crusted Cod with Provencal Tomatoes
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 Tablsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablsp Fresh or Dried Herbs (e.g. Parsley, thyme and tarragon)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- ½ Lemon (grated zest and juice)
- 1 Tablsp Olive or Sunflower Oil
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 x 160g Piece of Cod
- 2 Tomatoes (washed and halved)
- 3 Tablesp Broccoli (boiled or steamed)
- 4 Potatoes (egg sized, boiled)
Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- Mix breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, lemon – juice and zest, olive oil and black pepper.
- Grease an ovenproof dish, place fish in dish along with tomatoes.
- Top fish and tomatoes with breadcrumb mix.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until fish is cooked and the crust is crisp.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and broccoli.
- Experiment with different fish for this dish e.g. haddock (160g) or salmon (60g)
- Alternatively serve with a variety of seasonal vegetables
A 632.5g serving contains:
- Energy 2286kJ 545kcal 27%
- Fat 16g Low 23%
- Saturates 2.2gLow 11%
- Sugar 9.1gLow 10%
- Salt 0.83gLow 14%
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 361kJ/84kcal