250g Dates (stoned and chopped)
3 Tablesp Water
75g Sunflower Margarine
1 Dessertsp Golden Syrup
2 Tablsp Demerara Sugar
125g Porridge Oats
125g Wholemeal Flour
1. Place the dates and water in a bowl, cover and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
2. Mash the soft dates with a fork, adding a little more water if they are too dry to make a spreading consistency.
3. Place the margarine, syrup and sugar in another bowl and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, until the margarine has melted.
4. Mix in the oats and flour.
5. Spread one half of the oat mixture over the base of an 18cm flan dish, and then cover with the dates, spreading evenly.
6. Spoon the remaining oat mixture on top and press down well. Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
7. Cut into wedges, while still slightly warm.
8. Leave until cold, and then remove flapjacks from the dish.
A 59.16g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.