100g Sunflower Margarine
100g Castor Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
150g Self-Raising Flour (sifted)
½ Teasp Baking Powder (sifted)
1 Tablsp Hot Water
100g Icing Sugar
1 Tablsp Water
Pre-heat oven to 175C / 350F / Gas Mark 6
1. Cream margarine and sugar together till light and creamy.
2. Fold eggs, flour and baking powder into creamy mixture in a figure of eight motion, add hot water.
3. Spoon mixture into 12 paper lined bun tins.
4. Place in preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Test to see if the cakes are ready by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean the cakes are ready. If it comes out sticky, more baking time is required.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Mix together icing sugar and water and decorate fairy cakes.
A 53.25g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.