500ml Semi Skimmed Milk
½ Tablsp Cornflour
640g Whiting, Haddock or Cod (skinned)
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
Pinch of Black Pepper
1 Tablsp Fresh Parsley (washed and chopped)
100g Frozen Garden Peas
4 Potatoes (peeled, boiled and mashed)
1 Head of Broccoli (cut into florets and steamed)
Pre-heat oven to 375F / 190C / Gas Mark 5
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan then mix the cornflour with a little cold water and stir into milk. Continue stirring until sauce thickens.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except peas, broccoli and potatoes and heat through, till the fish is cooked.
3. Add the peas to the fish mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
5. Cover with mashed potato and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with steamed broccoli or seasonal vegetables.
A 580.87g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.