20g Sunflower Margarine
4 Large Onions (peeled and sliced thinly)
1 Litre Boiling Water with 1 Beef or
Vegetable Stock Cube
1 Bay Leaf (optional)
Pinch of Black Pepper
4 Slices of Crusty French Bread (spread with
75g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1. Heat the margarine, add the onions and cook slowly until the onions are golden brown.
2. Add the stock and the bay leaf and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Season with black pepper to taste.
4. To serve place bread in the bottom of heatproof soup bowls, top with soup, when the bread rises to the top, sprinkle the cheese on to the bread.
5. Place soup bowls under the grill until the
6. Serve immediately.
A 416.12g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.