Ingredients (serves 2)
1 Small Banana
½ Cup of Berries e.g. Raspberries or
175ml Semi Skimmed Milk (chilled)
100ml Fruit Juice
1. Peel and slice the banana.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender,
liquidiser or smoothie maker.
3. Blend till smooth, serve immediately.
- Experiment with a combination of fruit to your taste
- Recommended to include bananas as this prevents the mixture from splitting
or having a curdling appearance
- Natural yoghurt may be added for a creamier effect
- Avoid adding ice cream as this will be adding extra calories
- Smoothies are not recommended as a snack and should be consumed as
part of a meal – see oral health section
- Smoothies count as only one of your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables
regardless of the quantity of fruit you include, this is due to the blending
process removing a lot of the fibre
A 249.5g serving contains:
- Energy 527kJ 126kcal 6%
- Fat 1.7gLow2%
- Saturates 1.0gLow5%
- Sugar 21gMed24%
- Salt 0.11gLow2%
of an adults reference intake.