Ingredients (serves 4)
50g Apricots (chopped)
1 Eating Apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
2 Teasp Sugar (optional)
75g Porridge Oats
1. Mix together apricots, apple and sugar.
2. Pour the water into a saucepan and
sprinkle on the oats.
3. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 1
4. Add the fruit mixture and simmer, stirring
for about 3 minutes or until the porridge is
5. Serve hot.
- Porridge on its own makes an excellent breakfast or filling snack
- For variety add or top with some fresh seasonal, frozen or dried fruit
- Try serving with natural yoghurt for a change
- Porridge can be easily cooked in the microwave – take care to stop the cooking process frequently to stir
- Semi-skimmed milk can be used instead of water
A 168.25g serving contains:
- Energy 460kJ 109kcal 18%
- Fat 1.5gLow2%
- Saturates 0.3gLow1%
- Sugars 7.9gLow9%
- Salt 0.0gLow0%
of an adults reference intake.