4 Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
4 Tablsp Flour
Pinch of Black Pepper
1 Egg (beaten)
2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
1 Teasp Sunflower Oil
½ Lettuce (washed and shredded)
2 Tomatoes (washed and sliced)
½ Cucumber (washed and sliced)
Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
1. Divide the mashed potatoes into 4 equal portions.
2. Flour your hands and shape each portion into a cake. If the potatoes are moist, you will need to add a bit more flour into them to help bind the cakes.
3. Season flour with black pepper, and use to coat the cakes lightly.
4. Dip cakes into the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.
5. Place oil on baking tray.
6. Place potato cakes on to the oiled baking tray.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until the outside of the cake is golden and the potato is hot in the middle.
8. Serve with prepared side salad.
A 371.37g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 353kJ/84kcal