500g Lean Minced Beef
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
2 Teasp Dried Oregano
2 Cloves of Garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
Pinch of Black Pepper
1 Red Pepper (de-seeded and chopped)
1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes or
1 Tablsp Tomato Puree
175ml Boiling Water with 1 Beef Stock Cube
200g Dried Spaghetti (cooked)
Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
1. Mix the mince with half the onion, oregano and garlic, the breadcrumbs and black pepper.
2. Shape the mixture into 20 meatballs.
3. Place meatballs in an ovenproof dish and into the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients except spaghetti in a saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour sauce over the meatballs and return to the oven covered for 20-25 minutes.
6. Serve with spaghetti.
A 397.37g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.