Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Litre Boiling Water with 1 Vegetable Stock
- 100g Red or Yellow Lentils (washed)
- 1 Small Leek (washed and chopped)
2 Carrots (peeled and grated or chopped)
- 1 Small Turnip (peeled and grated or
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- Pinch of Black Pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan
and simmer for 40 minutes.
2. Season with black pepper, add more
water if soup is too thick and serve.
- Try lentil and tomato soup for variety, simply add a tin of chopped
tomatoes and a teaspoon of paprika at Stage 1
A 382.25g serving contains:
- Energy 521kJ 124kcal 6%
- Fat 1.0gLow1%
- Saturates 0gLow1%
- Sugar 5.9gLow7%
- Salt 0.79gLow13%
of an adults reference intake.