250g Plain Flour
1 Tablsp Baking Powder
100g Caster Sugar
75g Chilled Margarine (coarsely grated or spooned into small pieces)
1 Egg (beaten)
175g Raspberries, Blueberries or Blackberries
Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl
2. Stir in sugar and margarine.
3. Mix egg and milk and stir into dry ingredients until just blended – it should be quite lumpy. Add a small amount of extra milk if necessary.
4. Fold in fruit.
5. Spoon mix into 12 paper lined / non-stick muffin tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Test to see if the muffins are ready by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean the muffins are ready. If it comes out sticky, more baking time is required.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
A 71.08g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 1028kJ/245kcal