175g Mixed Nuts (walnuts, peanuts, brazils,
cashews or almonds)
3 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (made into
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
1 Teasp Oregano
1 Teasp Yeast Extract e.g. Marmite
175ml Boiling Water
2 Tomatoes (sliced)
50g Mature Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 x 750g Bag of Baby Potatoes (boiled)
½ Lettuce (washed and shredded)
16 Cherry Tomatoes (washed and halved)
½ Cucumber (washed and sliced)
Pre-heat oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
1. Mix together nuts, breadcrumbs, onion
2. Dissolve the yeast extract in water and
add to nut mixture.
3. Grease 450g (1lb) loaf tin and line with
4. Place half the mixture in the tin and layer
tomatoes and cheese on top. Place rest
of nut mixture on top, pressing down well.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes.
6. Leave in tin for a few minutes before
7. Serve with potatoes and prepared salad.
A 365.33g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 431kJ/103kcal