50g Sunflower Margarine
125g Dark Chocolate
75g Porridge Oats
25g Wholemeal Flour
½ Teasp Baking Powder
50g Walnuts (chopped)
50g Dates (chopped)
50g Brown Sugar
1 Tablsp Semi Skimmed Milk
1 Teasp Vanilla Essence
2 Eggs (beaten)
Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
1. Grease a square baking tray approx 16cm using a little of the margarine.
2. Melt chocolate and margarine together in a bowl over hot water.
3. Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl; beat in melted chocolate, milk, vanilla and eggs.
4. Pour the mixture into tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm around the edges, but soft in the centre.
5. Cool the brownies in the tray, and then chill.
6. When they are more solid, turn the brownies out and cut into 20 squares.
A 27.35g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.