125g Rolled Oats
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
175g Plain / Wholemeal Flour (mixture)
1 Teasp Cinnamon
1 Teasp Baking Powder
½ Teasp Bicarbonate of Soda
½ Teasp Salt
4 Tablsp Sunflower Oil
100g Brown Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Pre-heat oven to 180C / 375F / Gas Mark 5
1. Soak rolled oats in milk for 10 minutes.
2. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and raisins.
3. Stir oil, sugar and egg into milk mixture and blend well.
4. Stir dry ingredients into milk and oats mixture and mix well.
5. Spoon batter into 12 paper lined / nonstick muffin tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Test to see if the muffins are ready by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean the muffins are ready. If it comes out sticky, more baking time is required.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
A 70.70g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.