Sunflower Margarine for Greasing
1 x 539g Tin of Rhubarb (drained) or Fresh (stewed)
75g Plain Flour
½ Tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tablsp Sugar
280ml Skimmed Milk
1 Teasp Icing Sugar
1 x 150g Pot of Natural Yogurt
Pre-heat oven to 220C / 425F / Gas Mark 7
1. Lightly grease a shallow heatproof dish or tin with margarine and arrange rhubarb over the base.
2. Sieve the flour and ginger into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, eggs and half the milk, beat until smooth.
3. Beat in remaining milk until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully pour the batter over the fruit.
4. Bake in oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until well-risen and golden brown.
5. Serve immediately sprinkled with icing sugar and accompanied with natural yogurt.
A 202.08g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.