75g Sunflower Margarine
400g Self-Raising Flour
250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
Milk to glaze
Pre-heat oven to 230C / 450F / Gas Mark 8
1. Rub the margarine into flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre and stir in enough milk to give a soft dough.
3. Turn onto a floured board, handle lightly and form into a 2cm thick round with your hands.
4. Cut out the scones with a medium sized cutter.
5. Place on a baking sheet, brush with milk and bake near the top of the oven for about 10 minutes, until brown and well risen.
A 60.41g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.