Smoked Fish Chowder
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 500ml Boiling Water with 1 Fish or Vegetable Stock Cube
- ½ Teasp Black Pepper
- 1 Large Fillet of Smoked Haddock (skinned)
- 120ml Semi Skimmed or Skimmed Milk
- 1 x Small Tin (198g) (drained) or Frozen sweetcorn
- Parsley to garnish
- Place potatoes and onion in a large pan.
- Add stock and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are soft, gently mash about one third of them in the pan, add the fish, milk and sweetcorn. Heat gently. If soup is too thick add more water or milk.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
For Cullen Skink chopped leeks may be added instead of sweetcorn at Stage 4
A 346.88g serving contains:
- Energy 741kJ 175kcal 9%
- Fat 1.7gLow 2%
- Saturates 0.4gLow 2%
- Sugar 7.1gLow 8%
- Salt 1.6gLow 27%
of an adults reference intake.
Typical values per 100g: 214kJ/50kcal