3 Large Eggs
100g Castor Sugar
75g Self Raising Flour
2 Tablsp Reduced Sugar Jam
Pre-heat oven to 220C / 425F / Gas Mark 7
1. Put the eggs and sugar into a basin and whisk until thick.
2. Sieve the flour and fold into the egg and sugar mixture.
3. Divide the mixture between two greased and floured 18cm/7in-sandwich cake tins.
4. Bake near the top of the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until well-risen and golden brown.
5. Test by gently pressing in the centre of the cakes. If firm, they are cooked.
6. Remove from the oven; leave for a few minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
8. Sandwich together with jam.
9. Cut into slices and serve.
A 48g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.