130g Split Red Lentils
1 Onion (peeled and chopped)
1 Bay Leaf
¾ Teasp Ground Cumin
2 Tomatoes (chopped)
115g Unsalted Peanuts (chopped)
4 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
Pinch of Black Pepper
2 Tablsp Parsley (chopped)
1 Egg (beaten)
½ Lettuce (washed and shredded)
16 Cherry Tomatoes (washed and halved)
½ Cucumber (washed and sliced)
1. Put the lentils in a pan with plenty of water, onions, and bay leaf, cumin and tomatoes.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer until the lentils are soft, about 30 minutes.
3. Drain thoroughly, remove the bay leaf, and beat the lentils until smooth.
4. Mix the peanuts and breadcrumbs together. Beat half this mixture into the lentil puree.
5. Add the pepper and parsley and stir in the beaten egg.
6. Divide into 4 flat cakes. Coat with the remaining peanut and breadcrumb mixture.
7. Grill until heated through and crisp on the top.
8. Serve with prepared salad.
A 344.44g serving contains:
of an adults reference intake.
Typical Values per 100g: 502kJ/120kcal