Training 4 Trainers
For further information or how to to apply to Confidence 2 Cook training please visit our Enquiry form.
For upcoming training date please Click here.
What is Training 4 Trainers (T4T)?
A training programme designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to deliver Confidence 2 Cook (C2C) courses with clients or in the local community. It encompasses:
- Key nutrition messages
- Practical food preparation
- Utilisation of Confidence 2 Cook pack and supporting resources.
- Facilitation tips
How long does the course last?
This course runs over two full days and is delivered in partnership with local community training kitchens. Each session lasts from 10am to 3pm approximately.
Who can access this training?
Staff or volunteers who work with people (children & adults) to improve their diet or who are in a position to influence their food and health choices e.g.
- Community workers
- Mental health workers
- Family support workers/volunteers
- School staff
- Youth workers
Please note those who want to access the course should be in possession or planned an upcoming REHIS Food Hygiene Course (or equivalent).
Why choose Training 4 Trainers?
- To receive training in the use of the Confidence 2 Cook pack
- To gain confidence to deliver practical food skills with clients
- To improve practical skills and knowledge
- To ensure consistent up to date messages are delivered to clients
- To access current evidence based information around food and health
What does the training cost?
The training is supplied free by Public Health Staff. However a contribution may be asked to cover food costs or resource packs.
We expect you to deliver (or co-deliver) at least two Confidence 2 Cook sessions per year.
What will we give you?
- Practical food preparation skills.
- An understanding of key nutrition, physical activity and food hygiene messages.
- An opportunity to develop facilitation skills.
- An understanding of health behaviour change.
- Follow up support to run your sessions, e.g. buddying with another trainer.
- Access to the Confidence 2 Cook resource and recipes.
- Certificate of attendance.
What previous participants have said?
- “Very informative and enlightening.”
- “Good source of information and resources.”
- “I have learned a lot and I am looking forward to doing a lot more cooking with the children.”
- “Plenty of group discussion – that was good.”
- “Surprised at how healthy, tasty and easy the recipes are.”
Confidence 2 Cook training for trainers:
- 30th April and 1st May 2019 Huntly
- 19th and 20th June 2019 - City
- 21st and 22nd January 2020 - Huntly
Confidence 2 Cook Evaluation Workshops (All City)
For more information please click here.
- 27th June 2019
- 26th August 2019
- 1st October 2019
- 23rd October 2019
- 12th December 2019
- 4th March 2020
REHIS Elementary Food & Health Course for Carers of Adults with a Learning Disability:
- 2nd and 3rd July 2019 - Huntly
- 28th and 29th August 2019 - Huntly
- 13th and 14th November 2019 - Huntly
- 28th and 29th January 2020 - Huntly
REHIS Elementary Food and Health Course (nutrition):
- 22nd and 23rd May 2019 - Huntly
REHIS Eating Well for Older People Course